- Dehydrate/dry various vegetables, like eggplant, squash, beans, tomatoes, celery, okra, carrots, artichoke, cabbage, spinach, parsley, pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.
- Do NOT include potatoes, corn, rice, oats, etc.
- Using a blender or mortar/pestle, grind each dried vegetable into a powder.
- Store in food-grade plastic bottles (we use emptied/cleaned/dried Vitamin Water bottles).
- Include a dessicant package (to take in any residual moisture), and seal with wax.
- Label bottle with contents and date made and bottled.
- If kept cool and dry with no holes, should keep for quite a while.
Sprinkle in soups, stews, Foil-Pockets, mashed potatoes, rice, cornbread, etc. Good way to get your kids to ingest vegetables, even under normal conditions!
Copyright (c) 2008 New View Group, LLC