Wal-Mart Cleaned Out

I went to Wal-Mart this past Sunday to get package of cloth diapers (took me 15 minutes to find and never did find cloth diaper pins!). While I was there, I wanted to get another package of dried split peas, lentils and 2 bags of rice. I do this almost every time I go.

The dried bean section was nearly empty. There were some bags of turtle beans, peas and lentils, and some bags of white beans (navy, etc.) but there wasn't much else left. About the only thing that had any quantity was pinto beans. Even the mixed beans/bean soup was gone.

Thought it was a fluke, till I went to the rice section.

Cleaned out.

There was one bag of brown rice that was hidden in the 4 bags of jasmine rice, and a bag of organic brown rice hidden in the back on the very bottom lower shelf behind 8 or 9 very large bags of white rice.

I have my suspicions. Do you have yours?

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Haven't been to the store in a few weeks, but I'm going later today, just for a few things. But now I will swing by those aisles for a look-see...

Anonymous said...

I have been finding the same thing here in the "Sunshine State" for several months. It has usually been different items...one time it was powdered milk, one time I bought the last of the pork and beans and black beans, even stool softeners with laxatives for goodness sakes! Many times there will only be one or two items on the shelves. Makes it hard when you are trying to "stock up". The store manager says the warehouses can not keep up. It is pouring rain here today but now I feel like I should tackle the dirt road and go into town to buy groceries!
I think we have already seen "The end of the world as we know it" and the S--- hasn't even hit the fan! Who would have ever thought America would become a third world country? But that is another sermon for another day!
GRITS

TheSurvivalMom said...

I haven't seen this at my local grocery store at all, but if I did, I would completely freak out. Costco.com now sells a year's worth of dehydrated and freeze-dried food. Not sure when that started, a few Costcos in the Phoenix area sell "survival" type foods in #10 cans. Just gotta keep my eyes focused on our preparedness goals and stay aware of what's going on.

Lisa