Prices for food basics like wheat, rice, and beans (among other things) have risen so much these recent months. And now, prices in grocery ads says they are "fixed" until April 2009. Wondering just how much grocery/food prices will increase as of April. We will be stocking up between now and then, but meanwhile, take a look at the following links:
- http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/11/27/why-food-prices-could-rise-9-in-2009-and-how-kellogg-could-prof/ - Why food prices could rise 9% in 2009
- http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/columnists/article5511830.ece - Enjoy low food prices, they are not here to stay
- http://www.foodnavigator.com/On-your-radar/Food-prices/Credit-crisis-could-lead-to-rice-price-rise-warns-IRRI - Credit Crisis could lead to rice price rise
- http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/business/27food.html - Food prices expected to keep going up
- http://odeo.com/episodes/23869812-BizDaily-Food-Prices-13th-Jan-2009 - Food prices (audio from the BBC)
- http://www.philly.com/philly/living/pets/Pet_food_costs_on_the_rise.html - Pet food costs on the rise
Did you read our posting yesterday about how Sam's Club is limiting purchases of big bags of rice to 4 per member?
Make your lists of your basic foods needed. Be sure to stock up on your basics. Get that membership for food clubs now. Buy in bulk there and everywhere else.