Ingredients and Directions:
- Gather about 125 g whole soy beans. * This will make 1 liter of soy milk.
- Crack the soybeans.
- Soak and dehull the soy beans.
- Clean the soy beans.
- Soak in water for 6-9 hours.
- Remove hulls by rubbing in hands (kneading).
- Rinse soybeans again to get rid of loose hulls. This helps the process.
- Microwave the wet soy beans for 2 minutes (to destroy enzymes that could make it taste beany instead of milky).
- Add the soaked soy beans and 1 liter of water to a blender. Grind well.
- Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth to get the soy milk. The leftover part is called okara and can be used to make bread, crackers, or cattle feed.
- Boil the soy milk for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate in a mason jar. Label with date and kind of milk. Use within 3 days.
* Gram is a measurement of mass. There are 4.5 ounces to 125 grams.
Can add a bit of salt, chocolate syrup and/or vanilla extract to flavor the milk. Can also add a few teaspoons of brown rice syrup while warm - stir well. Can use as with any other milk to cook or make smoothies.
We're researching recipes to use our soy milk. Do you have any?
Copyright (c) 2009 New View Group, LLC