- Choose the apricots that look the best. Cut out any bad parts.
- Wash, cut in half, and turn inside out. Slice into quarters.
- Soak 5 minutes in water with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange in single layers on trays. They can touch because they will shrink some.
- Dry 8-20 hours until piable - Temp: 135 degrees F.
- Freeze in freezer baggie for 2 days to kill any bug eggs that may have been laid while dehydrating. If you're 100% sure there aren't any, you can skip this step.
- Store in moisture-proof jar with a moisture absorber. Seal. Cover with dark paper to keep light out. Label with contents and date. Store in cool, dry, dark area.
You can rehydrate the apricots to use in a recipe, or eat dried as a snack.