Recipe: Baked Custard

I love custard. I could eat it every day, but never found a recipe that was easy enough for me. Then I came across (basically) this recipe. I modified it and here we go:

Ingredients:
3 eggs (reconstituted powdered work well here)
3 cups milk (we use reconstituted powdered)
2 teaspoons real vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a blender or hand-mixer, whip well. Place a large bread pan or baking dish in a larger deep pan. Pour mixture into the inner pan. Sprinkle nutmeg on top (if desired). Pour 1/2 inch of hot water into the larger / outer pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a clean knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take the inner pan out and set on folded towel or wire rack to cool for 1 hour or more. Refrigerate any uneaten portions.

Copyright (c) 2009 V P Lawrence-Williams

No comments: