CAN WE SURVIVE A BLIZZARD?

My sister and I chatted long distance on Christmas Day. They were expecting a blizzard that night, and was anxious to get to the store for bread and milk, and few other things.

Got me thinking.

We have goats for milk.

We have chickens for eggs.

We have feed and hay for chickens and goats.

I have 23 pounds of flour (because my baking business is taking off) plus yeast, baking powder, canola oil and other things to do baking.

In our dining room window and on the tiny storefront shelves by the front door, we have pots of these growing: string beans, tomatoes, lettuces, radishes, and herbs like rosemary and parsley.

I have jars of things I've dehydrated and put away, like zucchini, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, etc.  And canned goods like premade soups, tomato paste, fruits, etc. A freezer full of chickens.

We have a fireplace and plenty of wood.

We have water.

We have enough to last a minimum of a month. Probably closer to a year.

What about YOU?

http://www.rosemary-ridge.blogspot.com

No comments: