Stay Safe

I was a prepper for a long time, but when I moved from my farm in Colorado to this tiny apartment in.KY, I had to downsize. Yes, I absolutely regret getting rid of things...like a whole box of R95 masks.

We are only about four months into this pandemic. People are dropping like flies. Health care systems are understaffed, under-supplied and overworked. These medical workers  have cracked hands from so much washing. Their faces bear near-permanent marks from constant mask wearing. They can't see their families. They can't get tested.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

  1. Stay at home. Learn something, like cooking or a language. Exercise. Make masks. Teach your children. Anything. Just stay at home.
  2. Write the idiot Florida governor telling him to close everything or face a class action suit from RESIDENTS who contract and die from the CoVid-19 from Spring Breakers...all because he is a politician and a dick.
  3. Order seeds, pots, dirt, grow bulbs.  Plant a little garden indoors ... lettuce, radishes, carrots, herbs. If you have space outdoors, do tomatoes, potatoes, the three sisters (corn, winter sqash like butternut and pumpkin, as vining green beans), berries, cucumbers, etc. You could be eating fresh food in just a few weeks!!
  4. Take the time and effort to make face masks for your local clinics and hospitals.  (See:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4FB--BOyTiU )
  5. Nap. Rest. Eat healthy. You deserve it.
  6. Catch up on conversations even if it is just via FaceTime or Skype.

You get the idea. 

What are YOU doing with your quarantine time?

By the way...my prepping book is stuck in Amazon-land. I will figure something out.

=======

...And....I am sick. I won't get tested. (Why bother to try?! I am not a sports figure nor do I work in the White House.)  Will ride this out at home.


No comments: