Strawberry Dumplings

Started experimenting this week with things from my pantry. For some weird reason I had a sudden craving for dumplings. Now I didn't want chicken and dumplings, so I looked through my freeze-dried items.

Boom.

Strawberries.

I started some water boiling in a small pot. Added a handful of strawberry slices, cinnamon, a little raw sugar, and a packet of lemon juice powder. 

When the strawberries were rehydrated, and the water was boiling, I added the dumpling batter that I made from Jiffy mix.

Placed the lid on and in about 5 minutes I checked. Perfect.  

It doesn't exactly look beautiful but sure tasted pretty yummy !!


I get my freeze-dried fruit (and peas and tomatoes) from  Karen's Naturals (used to be Just Tomatoes). I just placed another order the other day so they do still have product in stock.
https://www.shopkarensnaturals.com 

No comments: